Delivery is the Revo XEF module to manage the orders for delivery and takeaway.
1. Activate Delivery in the back-office.
2. Configure the options in the back-office for delivery according to the customer's needs.
3. Give the driver permission in the back-office and assign it to the employees that we will use to deliver the orders.
4. If the customer needs it, a price rate can be configured for the products to be delivered, from here.
5. Activate the options in the Revo XEF app.
Print automatically. With this option checked, orders will be printed automatically once the order goes to 'Preparing' status.
Print only when paid. With this option checked, only the kitchen will be printed once the order is paid.
Also print invoice. With this option ticked, it will also automatically print the invoice.
Note:** This option will only work when auto print is activated.
Play sound. We can make the iPad play a sound (Once or Until interaction), also when the order goes to 'Preparing' status.
Close paid orders automatically. With this option checked, orders that are already paid will be closed automatically.
DOES THE DELIVERY OPTION NOT APPEAR ON THE APP?
This option appears next to the Virtual button (virtual tables).
In addition, it is essential that the employee has the home delivery permission activated.
HOW DOES DELIVERY WORK IN THE REVO XEF APP?
When the module is enabled in the back-office, it shows a new button called Delivery on the table layout screen. By clicking on it, you can create a new command.
Create a new command
1. Click on Delivery.
2. A list appears with the regular customers and those who have commanded before.
- Use the browser to find customers. If you start to write the name or the phone and the customer does not exist, click on New customer, and you will see the screen to create a new customer, with the information you used for the search already entered.
- Also, click on the icon to edit the customer information. For example, if the customer has a new address or telephone number.
3. Select a customer from the list or click on New customer...
4. In the following screen that appears, manage the whole command:
Enter the name of the customer.
Enter the phone number of the customer.
If necessary, notes could be written for the distribution.
Delivery: The order will be managed, prepared and then distributed by one of our delivery people. The name of the table in the preparation ticket will be Delivery.
Takeaway: The order will be managed and prepared for the customer to take away from your premises. The name of the table in the preparation ticket will be Takeaway.
When you select Delivery, enter the address and the city.
Other previously used addresses.
Latest orders placed.
Select the payment method chosen by the customer.
Select the approximate date and time for the order to be delivered or picked up at your premises.
Finally, click on Continue
5. Place the order by entering the products in the command.
6. Click on the icon of the chef hat to send the command to preparation, or click on Exit to save the order without sending.
Note: The Exit is used to place an order for later, for example for tonight's dinner. This way, the command will remain pending and show a notification, as many minutes before the requested time as set in the back-office as Notification Minutes (45min by default). When notified, edit the command and send it to preparation with the icon of the chef hat in order that the people in the kitchen start to prepare the food.
The Delivery module also has a screen to manage these orders. Enter it by swiping the finger from top to bottom from the Delivery button.
The appearing screen shows three large tabs. These indicate the status of the command: Pending / To Prepare / Preparing / Ready
Shows all the orders on hold, which are not managed right now. These are usually orders for later. For example, if you look at the image, there is an order for later at 11 am. In the back-office, the notification time is set at 45 min, so the notification will appear at 10:15 to send it to prepare.
1. Information about the command.
2. Information about the order.
3. Products contained in the command.
4. Edit the customer and order data.
5. Edit the payment method.
6. Edit the order if the customer requests a change or if an error is detected.
Nota: Si tenemos marcada la opción Reproducir sonido en las Preferencias de la app de Revo XEF, al entrar un pedido el iPad reproducirá sonido.
- TO PREPARE:
This section shows all the orders we have pending to send to the kitchen. They are within the range of time configured as notification time in the back-office. In the Delivery module, we will receive a notification as soon as we have pending orders.
In it, we can continue modifying the customer, change the payment method or edit it.
Note:** If we have checked the option Print automatically in the Preferences of the Revo XEF app, this option will no longer be used.
This section shows all the orders that are in the process of being prepared.
Action to perform: Once we have the order ready, we must click on Set ready to indicate that it is ready and that it passes to the status Ready.
Note: In addition to moving to the next state (Delivering), at the time of selecting the driver, the system prints two copies of the invoice on the printer selected as cash drawer, showing the delivery address, form of delivery, payment method and customer data. One copy will be for the final customer and another one will be kept by the driver to finally close the command.
As its name indicates, those are the orders ready and can be delivered.
Action to be taken: We must assign the driver, to do so we must click on Set delivering.
Note: In the back-office → Delivery we can configure how many copies of the invoice we want to be printed by the printer selected in the cashier. If we mark two copies, one copy will be for the customer and the other one will be kept by the delivery person to close the order definitively. These copies will be printed after selecting the delivery person.
Finally, and to end the process, press on close the command.
Note: As a suggestion, you can also close all the orders of a driver at the end of the shift, and square accounts. In this way it is easier to cash up.