KDS SETUP 3.1. CREATE PRINTER 3.2. CREATE PROFIL OR PROFILES
KDS OPERATION 4.1. HEADER 4.2. ORDERS ACTIONS 4.3. ORDERS 4.4. FOOTER
Revo KDS (Kitchen Display Software) is the perfect kitchen app! You can replace ticket printing with regular thermal printers, or use them as a complement. When an order is printed with Revo XEF, it comes into the kitchen through one or more iPads set up with Revo KDS. The workflow of the cooks improve considerably because they get full control of the cooked, pending and served dishes. In addition, you can manage the preparation times of the dishes, see a summary of all the still pending dishes, search for orders and many other options to be seen next.
1. PRIOR CONSIDERATIONS:
- Revo KDS is an App independent from Revo Xef, but it cannot work on its own. Both interact and complement each other.
- Revo KDS must be installed on an iPad exclusively for its use.
- It is recommended to be always connected to the power supply, in order to avoid running out of battery while working. When deciding where to install physically the iPads to be used as KDS, you should have plugs close at hand.
2. IPAD CONFIGURATION:
The setup of the kitchen iPad with the Revo KDS App is very simple. You should simply carry out the following actions:
Set up a Manual IP on the iPad:
- Go to iPad Settings.
- Go to Wifi.
- Click on the icon of the connected Wi-Fi network.
- Select Manual. (Must be selected in Blue)
- Enter manually an IP address, subnet mask,router and click on "Save.
- Click on Configure DNS.
- Select Manual. (It should be selected in Blue).
- Enter Manually a DNS address (126.96.36.199) and click on "Save".
- Confirm by clicking on < Wi-Fi to exit back to the previous menu.
Note: It is advisable to have the static ip outside the range of dynamic ip's in the router or in the device managing the network server.
You should set up all devices, including those that will use KDS, in the same network. In other words, the same Wi-Fi.
Go to Settings on the iPad/Display and Brightness/Automatic Lock and set as "Never".
Note: This prevents the iPad from automatically resting while the app is in use.
It is advisable to disable all "Notifications" in Settings.
Download the Revo KDS app in the AppStore.
3. KDS SETUP:
All the setup is done in the Back Office. Revo KDS has a set of options that can be set up to adapt as best as possible to the kitchen workflow. Let's see all of them one by one:
3.1. CREATE PRINTER:
. Enter revoxef.works
. Go to Settings / PRINTERS
Note: The printer must be of the Revo KDS type and use port 2000. More information on how to create printers, in this article.
3.2. CREATE PROFIL OR PROFILES:
. Go to Settings / KDS
. Go to the NEW button to create a profile.
Note: You must create as many profiles as KDS devices have to be installed. That is, if only one iPad with KDS is going to be installed in the kitchen, only one profile should be created.
Name: Enter the profile name for the KDS.
Join orders: Marking this option, when new tickets of the same order arrive, the products are added to the already opened KDS ticket. If the ticket is closed it will be added as a new ticket.
Add amounts: When a new order arrives and join orders option is enabled, if a content is the same, whether it should be displayed as a new line, or sum the quantity in the original one.
Continuous Flow: With this option activated, the tickets are distributed optimizing the iPad space to the utmost. This is achieved by making the tickets of the actual size you need and allowing you to divide them in products, so that they occupy more than one column. This way, you can avoid long scrolls and get the most information into the screen at any given time.
No continuous flow ------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- | | DONE| | | DONE| | | DONE| | | DONE| ------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | ------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- Continuous flow ------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- | | DONE| | | | | DONE| | | ------------- | | ------------- | | | | ------------- | | | | | | ------------- | | | | ------------- | | DONE| | | | | ------------- ------------- | | | | | | DONE| | | | | ------------- ------------- | | | | ------------- | | | | | | | | DONE| ------------- ------------- ------------- -------------
Disable Checks: When this option is enabled, you can not check/ uncheck the dishes as done. When you click on the products, nothing will happen. This option is useful in cases where Revo KDS is just an information screen where no interaction is required by the cook.
Note: When this option is disabled, when you click on them, they are colored yellow.
Use status in progress: With this option activated, we will enable a third status of the product: In progress. In this way, when clicking on a product, it will go from the "new" state to "in progress" state and when it is pressed again, it will go to the "done" state.
Hide checked items: When this option is enabled, when clicking on a product, it will disappear from the command instead of being marked by default in yellow as Done. You can retrieve these marked items through the order actions.
Scroll to the joined order: When this option is enabled, when a modification is sent to an open order, in addition to emitting a sound as usual, the KDS shows the order that has been put together.
Group contents: When this option is enabled, the coinciding products will be grouped by default. For example: If 2 Burger Shark are sent, the system will show 2 Burger Shark and not 1 Burger Shark and 1 Burger Shark. This implies that, if the products are marked as Done, they should be marked when both have been dade. When the option is disabled, they will be displayed and can be marked individually.
Auto close when complete: When this option is enabled, when all the dishes of an order are marked as done, the order is automatically closed without warning. Also, it can be very useful in setups where forwarding is required and, in addition to let the order be closed in your KDS, it should also be closed in the other/s.
Tickets rows: Select how many rows you want to display in the KDS.
As from version 1.6 of Revo KDS
Use presence: When this option is enabled, the icon shows up, in order to let kitchen employees also clock in and clock out of their shift without having to use Revo Xef.
Note: Employees must be registered in the Back Office of Revo Xef..
Track processing times: When this option is enabled, you can see all the times of the products that have set up the preparation time in the Back Office. This report shows all times individually by product. You can filter by dates, days of the week, total by products and by KDS.
Autonotify XEF when order closed: Enable this option so the KDS notifies the XefApp that an order is ready.
Font size: With this option, you can choose the font size used in the KDS (Large or Standard).
Menu display type: There are three options to display the Menus in the KDS.
- Standard: Normal display of the menus. Recommended when using the menus in Revo Xef with the Fast Input deactivated. Menu dish orders do not appear.
- Display dish orders: Display of the menus showing the dish orders (starters, mains, desserts, etc) highlighted in yellow. Recommended when you use the menus in Revo Xef with the Fast Input activated and you also want to emphasize the dish order.
- As normal products: The set menu and main menu products share the dish order. The set menu products are shown with an [M] to differentiate them from the rest of the main menu products. Recommended for businesses offering their customers the option of ordering set menus and main menus in the same service.
Order header subtitle: You can choose the information shown at the bottom of the orange button showing up in the order header. With this button, you can close an order.
- Counter: Shows up the general counter of the entire order.
- Account: Shows up the name of the account.
- None: Shows no subtitle.
Sound: Select the sound you want to hear when you receive a new order in the KDS. Here you can see all the available sounds.
Printer: By selecting a printer from the list, the printing of the pass ticket in the KDS is enabled.
Autoprint products checked individually: With this option active, when a product is checked, it will be printed individually.
As from version 1.6 of Revo KDS
Nota: ⚠ This options disables the general ticket printing.
Forwarding enabled: On some occasions, depending on how kitchen routines are marked, it might be interesting to have a Master KDS or Central KDS receiving information from other secondary KDSs. For example, different KDSs receive each a part from an order and they forward this information to the Master KDS directed by the Chef. In addition, it could also receive the signal when the secondary KDSs mark the products as Done. If you want to use this function, you must enable this option.
Forwarding Ip: Add the ip of the device to which this iPad will re-send the information. You can add several ip's simply by separating them by commas. For example 10.0.1.20, 10.0.1.21, etc.
Note: In the previous example of the Master KDS with several secondary KDSs, only the latter must enable Forwarding by adding the static ip of the KDS Master.
Forwarding only checks – Send only when marked: When this option is enabled, the products will not be sent until they are marked as Done.
Forwarding Forwarding dont send on close – Do not send when closing an order: When this option is enabled, the system will not forward when an order is Done.
Summary on the second screen: To view the summaries on a second screen connected by HDMI, we have four options. This option is designed for those setups where the summary option is used and you want to display it on a larger screen and in a permanent way.
As from version 1.6 of Revo KDS
- Duplicate: Duplicate the KDS screen on a second screen.
- Summary on the second screen: The summary of the dishes pending preparation appears.
- Tickets on the second screen: All orders are shown organized by the number of ticket row configured in the option "*Rows of tickets on the second screen *".
- States summary: The summary of the different states of the dishes appears.
- Summary size: Enter the font size for the summary. 25 is considered a standard measure.
Note: Recommended: iPad Pro 12'9 = 25 e iPad 10'5 = 50.
- Tickets rows in secondary screen: Select how many rows you want to display in the secondary screen
4. KDS OPERATION:
Once explained how to set up the device (iPad) to be used and all the setups to be customized in the Back Office, let’s see the operation of the KDS and all the actions that can be performed:
When you open the app, the system asks for a username and password. Use your Revo Xef credentials.
- Pressing on the r, accederemos al menú de configuración y de acciones del KDS.
- Version: Version of the KDS App used.
- Account: Name of the Revo Xef account.
- Configuration: Select the profile set up in the Back Office.
- Time Management: Shows you all the times set up in the Back Office.
- IP: Shows you the network and the IP setup on the iPad.
- Update Configuration: When a change is made to the Back Office setup, it must be updated to download these changes.
- Close all orders: Automatically closes all open orders.
- Delete Closed Orders: Automatically deletes all orders in the closed orders list.
- Protect with Pin: Protects the setup with a pin code. In this way, only the authorized persons can access the setup.
- Log out: Exit the account.
Note: On some occasions, it may be necessary to restart the KDS app for these changes to take effect.
Filters: By default, the orders that arrive at the KDS are ordered in order of arrival. That is, the most recent ones are added to the right. Clicking on this icon. There is the possibility to change the order of the commands filtering by :
As from version 1.6 of Revo KDS
- Sort of field: By Date, Table, Account (in the case that orders arrive from multiple accounts), Channel (Uber Eats, Glovo, Deliveroo, JustEat), Waiter or in Progress.
- Account: In the case that orders arrive from several accounts.
- Chanel: Uber Eats, Glovo, Deliveroo, JustEat...
Undo: By clicking on this icon, we can erase the last change made by returning to a previous state (for example, an order has been accidentally closed or a dish has been marked as "done").
As from de la versión 1.6 de Revo KDS
Presence: Use this icon to record clock-in and clock-out of the employees' shift through their pin code.
Browser: Search for any order easily by order number, table name, etc. Then click on it and it will be displayed. Recommended option for those businesses that have many tables open at the same time.
Print: You can print the pass ticket from the KDS. When the dishes are marked and you click on the icon of the printer, all the marked dishes will be printed by command. For example: In the KDS you receive an order with starters and mains, the dishes are marked and you want to print the pass ticket. These would be the steps:
- Receive the command.
- Mark by clicking on the dishes as Done. They are marked yellow.
- Click on the icon
- Collect the printed pass ticket and leave it with the dishes.
In this way, when the waiter comes to pick up the dishes in order to serve them, just by looking at the pass paper, he will know the table where they belong without having to ask the cook.
Note: It is very essential to select a printer in the KDS setup.
Summary: A great function of Revo KDS is the summary screen. By clicking on the button, the screen will show up a summary of all products not marked as Done and ordered by quantity.
Orders closed: Clicking on the button, you will see a list of all orders closed in the last 24 hours. You can enter each of them and see their contents and you can even reopen them to send it back to the main screen.
4.2. ORDER ACTIONS:
There are different actions to carry out when receiving orders:
Mark dishes: When you click on the products they are colored yellow,meaning that they are Done. When all the products of an order are marked, the KDS will ask you if the order should be closed.
Swiping through the orders: Swipe from left to right to move through the main screen and see all the received orders.
Close order: To close an order in the KDS can be done in two different ways:
- One is marking all the dishes that make up the order.
- If, because of our working system, you do not mark dishes, you can click on the orange button with the icon .
These are the options when you click on the header of an order:
Notify Xef: From the KDS you can send a notification to Revo Xef to point out that there are dishes pending collection. To do this, click on the header of the order. Once the notification is sent, the order header turns to gray.. You can see an example in the image at the beginning of this article. On table no. 3 the notification has been sent. Also in Revo Xef, a symbol of the "chef toque" shows up on the left corner on the table.
Set order in Progress: This option marks the header of the green order indicating that it is in progress. This way, if there are other KDSs in the kitchen, you can see which orders are active.
Print order checks: By clicking on this option, only the pass ticket of the selected command will be printed.
Show/Hide checked items: If the option Hide Marked Items has been enabled, through this option, the marked products hidden from the order can be shown again. If you click again, they will be hidden again.
In the open orders, you can see the following information:
Name of the table.
Employee who sends the order.
Number of diners.
Button orange to close the order.
The bottom part of the KDS shows all open orders as a grid. You can click on one of them to center it on the screen or use the to move around.